Sunday, June 1, 2008

Runescape

Runescape is an online game accessed through a browser. The first time I tried to log in, I had problems with the username I had created. Username number 2 worked, and I got in. Runescape has, what I consider, an excessive amount of training. The training was easy to follow, but there was too much of it. I trained for half an hour, and didn't even get halfway through their training.

I'm sure this game is fun once you get through the training, but I never have enough time to play any game for more than 30 to 45 minutes. It looked like this is one of those social games where you get to talk with other people which is also a turn off for me. I don't like talking with people online for any reason. I network a lot where I work, and when I start playing a game, having to rely on talking to other people makes me think, "great" (roll eyes) "more networking."

Zork was more fun because I got to start playing immediately and actually made some progress in the game. Maybe Runescape would be more appealing if the training was made into a quest.

No comments: